Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 171!

Happy Friday!

I hope you're not too sad that you don't get to see me today! I'm sorry I'm not there.

Today, you will get to practice with the appeals that we talked about yesterday. Please pick ONE of the options on this Persuasive RAFTS Activity. These will be due at the end of the period. Please email or share your projects with me before you leave. If you decide to do this on paper, please put it in the 7th hour tray before you leave.

If you finish early, please log into one of these two databases and begin to look around for a topic for your essay. You will pick a current "hot topic" issue that interests you. Your goal will be to write a 2 page essay persuading the reader to think the way you do. These are the only two databases that I would like you to use for this assignment, as they present articles with various points of view. Do NOT use Google, please. Today, though, after you finish your RAFTS, I'd just like you to look around in these databases and select your topic. We will begin our thesis statements on Monday.

Databases:
SIRS Researcher
Points of View Reference Center

Username:1953earlh
Password: haea11

This information will work for both sites. Once you enter the information, it will take you to a screen with a link to the databases. Click the link for access.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment